Hey, hey, hey, guess who’s back?
…Unless you’re a freshman and have never seen this column before…in which case: Hi, I’m Melissa.
Finals week is fast approaching. It’s a bummer, and it’s stressful. For that reason, the kind folks of The Lafayette have asked me to come up with a list of the ten most effective ways to de-stress during this trying time. I can’t promise you that these methods work and I can’t promise that you’ll do well on finals, but I can… I was going to finish that last sentence with something positive that I could promise you, but what’s the point? Exams are bleak, and I am a shell of a person with a crushed soul. Here you go: joyous studying!
Top 10 De-Stressers for Exam Week
- Celebrate a night of Hanukkah
- Race that giant white dog around the quad
- Sob hysterically
- Collect tears in the lid of a lower sushi container
- Learn origami
- Use origami to make a little paper boat out of past assignments gone wrong
- Float boat in your sushi tin ocean of tears
- Set the boat ablaze and perform a miniature Viking funeral as you send it out to sea
- Take a nap