Now introducing the newest feature in The Lafayette Sports Section: recap central.
Friday: L 3-0 at Virginia Military Institute
- VMI starter Garret Reed no hit Lafayette in the season opener.
Saturday: L 10-3 at Virginia Military Institute
- Freshman Alex Woinski hit a two run homer in his only at bat.
Sunday: L 3-1 at Virginia Military Institute
- Junior Toby Schwartz had five K’s two walks, and two earned runs in four
- Junior Tim Lazor drove in the lone run in the top of the ninth inning.
Tuesday: Postponed at La Salle.
Saturday: W 8-6 (11) against Towson University
- Senior Melissa Robinson threw all 11 innings, giving up four runs on 14
hits and four walks.
Saturday: L 7-2 against Longwood University
- Junior Kristen Berger drove in two runs on a two out single in the bottom
half of the second inning.
Sunday: L 6-2 against Towson University
- Third year Victoria Vergona went 2-4 with a home run and a triple.
Sunday: L 8-0 against Longwood University
- Lafayette was held to three base runners, not recording their first hit until
the fifth inning.
Friday: W 8-7 versus Colgate
- Senior goalie Jake Hyatt had 15 saves, 10 of which came in the second
Saturday: W 16-6 at Wagner University
- Senior Ana White netted 5 goals, while teammate Meghan Curtin ‘14 won
her first game in net allowing six goals on 10 shots.
Wednesday: W 12-6 at Monmouth University
- Senior Lauren Kleiber and sophomore Carlianne McCabe combined for
six goals, three apiece.
Sunday: W 77-71 versus Lehigh
- Junior Joey Ptasinski matched his career high with 23 points.
Wednesday: L 83-66 at Colgate
- Freshman Nick Lindner had a career high 24 points on 8-12 shooting.
Saturday: L 73-59 at Lehigh
- Senior Kelly Loughney and junior Linnel Macklin scored 11 and 10 points
respectively on a combined 8-24 from the field.
Wednesday: W 81-70 versus Colgate
- Four players finished in double figures with Homan leading the field with
Men’s Track and Field
Thursday-Sunday: 7th of 9 at Patriot League Championships
- The men scored 21 points behind triple jumper Jarrell Bobb ‘16 who
finished in fifth place.
Women’s Track and Field
Thursday-Sunday: 7th of 10 at Patriot League Championships
- Junior Elise Buffinton finished second in the pole vault after she matched
the ECAC qualification measure of 3.60 meters
- Senior thrower Rachel Pena finished first in the weight toss with a throw
of 18.87 meters.
Wednesday-Saturday: 7th at Patriot League Championships (168 points)
- Four swimmers broke Lafayette’s all time top ten rankings in the 500
freestyle, 200 individual medley, and 50 free.
Wednesday-Saturday: 9th at Patriot League Championships (107 points)
- The 800 free relay team broke the previous Lafayette record by five
seconds with a time of 1:32.27.